7/16/07

Priviet, kak dela?

I have returned from Ukraine! The post title is my best shot at Anglicising some of the Russian that I learned. Since I am crap with Cyrillic, I needed to phonetically write out the words as they sounded to me in order to have a cheat sheet for learning phrases.


In the following days I will try to express the impact that this trip has had on me, but I fear it will be a futile effort. I have discussed this phenomenon with other members of my team and they are having similar struggles. The three of us that work together have temporarily combined our offices simply to be around people who know what we are feeling. It sounds strangely pathetic and needy but I think it will help us to process.


Between the 5-6 cameras our team brought, there are probably almost 2000 shots of our time in-country. Since I only have access to a small percentage of those, I am going to delay any meaningful posts until I can match them to equally impactful photos. I also don't know that my emotional tanks have refilled enough to take on the topic yet. That said, I wanted to toss out a few great pictures which require little explanation. While in Kiev I bought Ukrainian national team jerseys for me and slick. I also found a guy that had a tiny version of the whole uniform for Campbell. It's a little too big still, but Sarry got some great pictures of her boys in their Andriy Shevchenko unis.







2 comments:

  1. Da! Das ees guud. Ees no problem. Thanks for the pics...the jerseys look great. I look forward to seeing and hearing more about your trip. I can understand what you're saying - you've finally had time to recoup and now you're able to reflect back on it. Cheers m8.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Matty,

    Welcome home my good friend. We look forward to hearing about the profound impact this trip had on your life. We can only imagine. I can hardly believe how big the little guy is getting....kind of scary. Dude, we are thrilled to be moving to Phoenix and being a short Southwest flight away from so many family and friends.

    ReplyDelete

Give me your genius!