6/25/07

So long...For now

I have a few minutes to spare before a team meeting and thought I should pre-explain why I am not going to be posting for a few weeks. I suppose it would be helpful to explain with which team I am preparing to meet.

On Wednesday morning I am joining the 5 other Colorado Springs members of our Ukraine Camp team for the early morning ride to DIA. From there we will go to Chicago to meet the other member and hop the pond. We will be in Kerch, Crimea, Ukraine for 2 weeks running a camp for disadvantaged/orphaned children. I've never been to Europe and I wish that I could savor the time leading up to our departure. Unfortunately, as the coordinator for all the other international teams from our organization, I have been trying to get 3 weeks ahead. This leaves little time for enjoying my preparation time. I have been assured by more experienced team leaders that the kids are nothing but delightful and I can't wait to play a little soccer (probably with the youngsters as the older teenagers would wipe the pitch with me). It will be long, yet exceedingly fulfilling days of trying to see God's children as he sees them.

Please pray for us.

1 comment:

  1. Hey buddy...we wish you well. I think this will be a great reminder of "why" you do what you do at work everyday. I have never been, nor know much about your orphange, but I hope you get some time (maybe on the plane) to prepare yourself for what you may see/experience and allow God to prepare your heart towards the kids. All I know is that a trip like this for me would be rewarding and heartbreaking all at the same time.

    p.s. don't be like Landycakes when you play football!

    ReplyDelete

Give me your genius!