3/7/07

I Could Cry...

I just caught this on The Drudge Report. It is a Boston Globe story about a woman who is suing a Planned Parenthood physician, the organization itself and a doctor at Boston Medical Center for child rearing costs. Is it because they failed in some way to keep her child healthy and as such are responsible for additional costs in raising her? No...nothing so human as this.

Ms. Raper is suing because her abortion at Planned Parenthood was botched and Boston Medical failed to recognise this in time to make a second attempt on the baby's life. Raper's daughter is now 2 and her mother is looking for compensation based on what? Regret of failed infanticide? I dare anyone to convince me that there isn't a slippery slope when it comes to valuing the life of a child.

I just thought you guys may have been having too good a day and needed a real downer.

1 comment:

  1. It's deplorable, but I'm not sure what else I expect. We live in a time of "convenience for me." If the meaning of life is to look out for number one, then that's what we'll get.

    ReplyDelete

Give me your genius!