3/18/07

When Words Fail

This isn't a spectacular photo-just the buckle on my new belt-but since I rarely tuck in my shirt (and when I do it isn't the occasion for a Dickies belt), no one ever sees it. What a travesty! To date, it is best $12 belt I have ever owned.
I have been thinking for a week about how I can include this picture in a clever and poignantly witty post and I have thus far been unsuccessful. I decided that if I just start writing, maybe some poetically brilliant metaphor will come to mind. Ummm....well ok, it didn't work but the beauty of this format is that I can always come back and augment a struggling post.

Please comment if you can think of the perfect analogy that is eluding me at the moment. At least I got my super sweet belt buckle on my blog.

3 comments:

  1. The unseen Dickies belt is like the dark matter of the universe: we can't see it but it must be there; it is rudimentary and elegant, functional and feng shui.

    ReplyDelete
  2. p.s. I went to post my website and the iWeb application crashed on me...so I can't update jack. It won't even open. I have to get on the phone with Apple tomorrow after work. I know, you're dying to read more...yeah, riiiiight.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A quick Google of seikcid (dickies spelled backwards) revealed the following first entry:

    http://www.angelfire.com/music5/seikcid/

    So, a hidden Dickies belt is like a Samarai Warrior - in the shadows of darkness it battles the forces of evil, protecting the one thing that upholds your family's honor! :)

    ReplyDelete

Give me your genius!