1/17/07

Hold your tongue and say "apple corer"?


My good friend Marshall is nearly as addicted to Cabela’s outdoor stores as I am (though not limited to it as I am by Cabela’s-only cash back on a credit card) and he found this fantastic product in their most recent catalogue. I was only able to copy and paste the photo of the product and the cartoon that explains its use, but the product itself is called a Deer-E-Ere. This seems a very odd name until you attempt to sound it out (preferably very loud and at work). I’ll give you a moment to try...

OK, I hope you all still have jobs. It should have sounded something like “derriere” with a long first E sound. I am not a huge fan of this portion of cleaning a downed big-game animal, but I find it unlikely that I will invest in a product specifically for this purpose. I hope that the inventor makes a million dollars for his creativity, but he will not get my $9.99 plus shipping and handling.

2 comments:

  1. What kind of sound does that make when you take it out?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a good thing that you left myspace so that you wouldn't waste work hours by writing blogs about Deer Cornwholers.

    ReplyDelete

Give me your genius!