1/11/07

Re-posting is like re-gifting (but with less wrapping paper)


This is my first blog, which I had to transfer from its original home on My Space:
Thursday, December 14, 2006
Proof that I am mostly a carnivore (but not completely)
I was busy working away today at the office, when I noticed a story from Fox News into which I could not resist digging deeper. The title of this bizarre story was "Wisconson Man Runs Over, Eats Seven-Legged Transgendered Deer." I figured this was the perfect opportunity to enter the normally pajama-clad realm of blogging. (http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,236483,00.html)
While this story is, in and of itself, an amazing tale, I was more astounded by comments of the driver in question, Rick Lisko. He is an avid bow hunter and outdoorsman, leading me to believe that we would be of the same mind on most things in this arena. Lisko, however, proves that despite my love of red meat, I am not quite a full-blown carnivore. I would like to refer you to two seperate statements in the article in which he confides:
"It kind of gives you the creeps when you look at it," he said, but he thought he saw the appendages moving, as if they were functional, before the deer was hit.
And:
"And by the way, I did eat it," Lisko said. "It was tasty."
Let me review what we're talking about here. Lisko has admitted eating a seven-legged, transgender, freak of nature (his words, not mine) deer that he wrapped around the bumper of his truck and which he has admitted gives him "the creeps." For any of you who are offended by my affinity for hunting and eating wild game, maybe there is still hope. I have apparently not gone all the way over the edge.

1 comment:

  1. Oh Matt, you are soo funny! I can't wait for more posts! You are my favorite....oh...wait...that's pretty egotistical. Actually this is a test.

    ReplyDelete

Give me your genius!