5/24/07

Congrats AC Milan

Yesterday the 2007 UEFA Champions League (that's soccer, people) came to a close for the second time in 3 years with AC Milan facing Liverpool FC. In the 2005 Final in Istanbul, Milan jumped all over the "Scousers" (derogatory term for people from Liverpool...like my Grandma) 3-0 only to lose in a shootout. This year there would be no such English miracle. Milan won 2-1, despite seeming to be perpetually on their heels, with both goals by Filippo Inzaghi. This win gave Milan vindication after being seriously implicated last year in a match-fixing scandal (Shoeless Joe, move over) and, after Italy's '06 World Cup victory, gave further credibility to the argument that despite bad hair, the Italians are tops in futbol.

I was pulling for Liverpool in this game but the pain was blunted by the above-pictured Kaka' (one-named like all Brazilians) after the game. It seems the man that is generally listed as one of the world's best frequently wears a shirt like the one he's sporting in this photo. Team (and historical) loyalty aside, I enjoy seeing an unashamed Christian succeed and give glory to their Lord.

Speaking of my Lord, I must thank Him for giving me great friends with cable so I can watch the big English Premier League games (you're the man, Slick).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Give me your genius!