5/10/07

Futbol y Corriendo


I believe this is my first bilingual-titled post. I figured I ought to let my 7 readers in on my new fitness activities. I have been running pretty regularly and 6 of the last 8 days and seeing pretty good results. Unless my GPS watch is more inaccurate than I thought, I broke the 7 minute/mile pace for a 5k run this morning.

In celebration of getting within 5 minutes of my personal best, I requested that my good friend The Coach allow me to post to his Train with The Coach blog. If you are trying to get in shape, train for a race or just maintain some semblance of fitness, check in with us and let us know how it’s going. The Coach is in the process of applying to be The USAFA Coach so he is very capable of giving quality training advice.


I will also begin playing indoor soccer this Monday with Slick and will likely be celebrating victories or bemoaning defeats here on the blog. Ever since I returned to soccer (after a decade hiatus) I have wanted to play with Slicky, but the Air Force apparently had more important things for him to do in Washington, California and Hawaii. He is finally back in CO and we now have our chance. The league is comprised entirely of teams with Spanish names and the scoring leaders have such non-Anglo names as Caballero, Juracan y Gonzalez. I’m pretty excited to use my Spanish consistently for the first time since I quit landscaping.

2 comments:

  1. For clarification, I wouldn't be THE USAFA track coach, I would be THE USAFA XC Coach and an assistant (abbreviated ass. or asst., take your pick) track coach. Please, pretty please, can I have the job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the Spanish you'll be using during our games probably won't be worth repeating! :)

    ReplyDelete

Give me your genius!