5/15/07

Soccer Boxscores

Last night was the first indoor soccer game for Aaron and I and it's important that you are all given a review of the game. Our team name is the Bullets, making us the only non-Spanish named team in our league, but you would not have known this in watching last night's match. Our team is comprised of individuals who don't know 8 other players with which they could form a team and we played the mostly American team that leads the league. Needless to say, we were beaten handily. There were, however, some bright spots.

  • After slipping a few times with my indoor flats on the soft artificial surface that really requires cleats, I got pretty comfortable and was able to get some of my touch back. I also found my fitness level to be relatively good.
  • Aaron scored 3 of our 5 team goals, all in the second half, despite also having to find his touch and being exhausted after having climbed a 14er 48 hours before.
  • Our keeper has good reactions and is solid in goal, but his hands are not the best - there we a few goals scored on rebounds after he fumbled balls he should have caught.

All things considered, we had a good time, enjoyed being back on the field and look forward to a better showing next game.

2 comments:

  1. We'll get them next time! They better give me credit for my 1 assist too. Hehe. It was great playing with you - how long have you been hiding those skillz?

    Did you hear the goalie say he was moving in 2 weeks? I think we should use this as practice, grab a couple of the better players we're with now and your russian friend(s), and form a team next season!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know you're joking about my soccer skills, but I'm insecure enough in that arena to appreciate you say so.

    I think we should lean on your past relationship with our former schoolmate/goalie and steal him for our Russian mafia all-star team that we can put together next season. I really did enjoy playing with you and we'll really bring the pain next game.

    ReplyDelete

Give me your genius!