6/19/07

My Father's Day/Anniversary Tie-in


I know I was remiss in not blogging about my wife for our recent 4th anniversary, but sometimes a heart full of love doesn't translate to a mind full of text. Due to last Friday's (my actual anniversary) 12-hour stomach bug, we celebrated our 4th and Father's Day on back-to-back days over the weekend.
This made for an interesting anniversary dynamic; a day of being babied while vomiting, a day of trying to be vaguely romantic and then a day of being honored as a Father. Despite this, I was able to reflect on my life as a husband and a daddy. I came to the conclusion - as I always do - that even with the frustrations and quirks of daily living, I wouldn't dream of changing a thing. When I get home from a tough day and my boy says "dada" in the way only he can followed by his slobbery imitation of the sound of my truck and my beautiful bride asks how my day was - even if my only answer is "fine" - I know God's blessed me far beyond what I deserve.
Thanks for loving me guys!

2 comments:

  1. You're a lucky man Matt. This sort of thing reminds you just how "rich" you really are.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heck yeah. It must be part of the human condition to take for granted the amazing things that are a part of our daily lives. I must constantly remind myself to reevaluate my life - as though for the first time - so that I can see with fresh eyes the blessings that are right in front of my face.

    ReplyDelete

Give me your genius!