9/5/07

How to Follow the Gaws in Ukraine

As the time for our departure draws steadily nearer, have you been thinking, "I enjoy reading the Gaws blog - I mean, the author is fantastic! - but I wish there were an easy way that I could be notified when they have a new post - and while I'm at it, all my other favs as well!"?

Here's what I do.

There is a website called Bloglines that allows you to subscribe to any number of blogs or websites which you enjoy reading and it will notify you about the latest offerings from your favorite pajama-clad writers. The blogoshpere goes well beyond just random thoughts by friends and acquaintances. It is a good source for breaking news, opinion and topic-specific commentary. You can set it to show my blog (or Slicks or Kacie's), Drudge Report, ABC News, Barclay's Premiership, The Food Network....the list goes on. Nearly any website that is periodically updated can be subscribed to.

Give it a shot and you'll be amazed how useful a tool this can be. Mine is set as the top site on my favorites list and it logs me in automatically. I keep it up all day just to keep a finger on the pulse of my friends and the world at large without wasting time checking each site, only to find nothing new.

2 comments:

  1. Thank God for the internet and email! We'll be in touch in cyberspace while you're away - you can count on that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have every chat program known to mankind so that should help as well. Unfortunately it requires me getting up at 5am to talk to you guys.

    ReplyDelete

Give me your genius!