6/7/09

My little blessing


Meghan came to us the beginning of May to start her summer internship here at the Hope Center after an exciting semester in Egypt and the Middle East. We've known her since she was a freshman in high school. All through high school she was a part of my small group during youth ministry... and man was she a pest. ;) (just kidding Maggy) In all reality though, it's been amazing seeing God grow this girl. It's so cool how we've gone from a mentoring relationship to now friends. And God knew just the right time to send her.

This has been somewhat of a hard year for me... for many differing reasons, some even unknown to myself. But since Meghan got here, she's been such an encouragement to both Matt and myself. She kept me going on those hard potty training days... not letting me give up when "really, I am ok with changing diapers for another year" thoughts popped into my head. She's always giving out encouragement and even lets Campbell steal the food right out of her hands. And then today she gives Matt and I a free morning on the town without the boy... ahhh. It was amazing to actually have conversation and to walk as slow as we wanted. We plan on taking her offer up again soon!

We love you Meghan... and I know it's not just for the grade either. ;)

3 comments:

  1. My wife and I could use a date. How much does Meghan charge?

    ReplyDelete
  2. she stole my idea! welp... guess I dont have to now

    ReplyDelete

Give me your genius!