5/26/08

Taste Test

Once again today we were working on the stage canopy that I mentioned earlier.  While trying to screw in cross bracing 20-some feet in the air on a rickety scrap-wood scaffolding I made the throw away observation that you can't tell a screw's length by it's taste.  It got me thinking...

Why can't construction suppliers make screws and nails in different flavors?  Don't tell me it's because you're not actually supposed to put them in your mouth... everyone does it.  So, dealing with reality, couldn't they just coat them with some thin candy shell so that even when you don't have a hand free, you would be able to ascertain which screw you needed simply by running your tongue across them?  It could open up a whole new world of identification by way of a sensitive palate.  Just a thought...

3 comments:

  1. What an idea! As a girl who has frequently put nails in her mouth, any flavor would have made the experience more pleasant, along with the identification purposes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooh! I think you may be on to something. Sounds like a brillant idea! :D

    ReplyDelete

Give me your genius!