10/2/08

Don't let the man get you down

Yesterday I was in meetings all day which were interesting but frequently had nothing to do with me or my job.  This was particularly unfortunate since Liverpool was playing PSV in the Champions League at 12:45.  In an effort to stay abreast of the game situation and to not let a meeting get in the way of enjoying the game result real-time (or as close to that as possible), I enlisted my faithful buddy Paul.  He stayed up on the game at UEFA.com and promised to let me know when goals were scored.  My main concern was the scoreline and I assumed he would let me know about goals by a show fingers and some pantomime.  However, Paul went above and beyond and you can imagine my stifled excitement when he showed me this sign....
Robbie Keane was playing his 11th game for the Reds this season and was scoreless until yesterday....a huge goal that I hope will open the flood gates for the rest of the season.

I was pretty confident on the outcome but was still glad to see this sign flash at me as I was estimating the game was winding down.
A good day and a victory for football.



3 comments:

  1. Always good to have a friend keeping you updated. This took me back to the good ol' 2001 World Series (Diamondbacks and Yankees, for anyone keeping score) when my fellow library employee spent many nights glued to a slowly updating espn.com screen, "watching" the game. (We had a Yankees bet going.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You ARE the man! :) KEANOOOOOOO!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to see the lord's work doesn't get in the way of the lord's game! Good on the ya mate...

    ReplyDelete

Give me your genius!