8/7/07

The EPL is back...or is it BPL?


Top-flight English football - now technically called the Barclays Premier League - officially reopened for business this past weekend as Chelsea met Manchester United at the new Wembley Stadium in the Community Shield. The season kicks off with this match up of the league champions (Man U) versus the FA Cup champions (Chelsea). In a surprisingly rough game for a friendly, Man U was victorious on PKs, riding three straight saves by their scarecrow-like keeper, Edwin van der Sar.
I got to watch the game with Slicky (the only person I know with the channels necessary to watch the EPL...oops, BPL) and enjoyed it greatly. As an added bonus, Slick and Texas Aaron went in together for my birthday and bought me an official Liverpool jersey for the upcoming season. Since I have not gotten around to having my team photo taken in my new kit, I had to resort to some cyber-trickery. The photo at left is actually my head on the body of the Reds (you don't mean communists, do you?)Norwegian defender John Riise. As I look at it, either Riise has a longer neck than I do or my photoshop wizard Paul gave me a bit of the stretch.

2 comments:

  1. ROTFL!!! That is AWESOME! Tell Paul well done. In all fairness, you're much more of a hoss than Riise. :) He needs to lift some weights.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Petey Pablo did an amazing job on that, huh? He says that it is actually my neck in teh picture with Riise only contributing the torso. I contend that he must have cut my neck a little skinny from the original picture. I just feel like my neck doesn't look that long/skinny.

    ReplyDelete

Give me your genius!