5/24/09

Project Complete


An update on the project that was started many moons ago. It didn't turn out how I envisioned... for a few reasons. First I intended for it to go above our bed. BUT Matt convinced me to move it to the kitchen after considering the fatal consequences of having a 40 lb. wall hanging fall on us while sleeping. Secondly, I was hoping to have the pictures fill the window spots but the openings were much bigger than I remembered when getting the pictures developed in the states. So this is what I ended up with. I'm still happy with it. And I'm still trying to convince the Ukrainians that "distressed" is fashionable.

7 comments:

  1. I think this is awesome--well done, Sarah! I love some distressed wood, myself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like it. Actually think it looks kind of cool without the pictures fitting perfectly. And I agree with husband--nothing heavy, sharp, or for that matter, distressed, should ever be positioned over my head when I'm sleeping. We have a window over our heads and even that makes me nervous.

    Funny coincidence: my word verification is "rests"

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE IT SARAH!!! nice job and i think it fits great where you put it!!!! It adds so much to that lovely little kitchen!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, sleeping...that's what I was thinking would cause it to fall. Yup, definitely sleeping.

    It looks great! It will become a treasure for you guys 10 years from now considering where/when you made it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad that you won't get crushed in your sleep, and this way you can look at your pictures whilst eating! It turned out great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can you even SEE that line anymore, Aaron? :)

    ReplyDelete

Give me your genius!