9/17/08

Andrey in Colorado

By coincidence, at the very time that we were blocked from entering Ukraine last week, my friend and boss Andrey was in the process of coming to US for some meetings.  As part of my attempt to give him the overall western experience we decided to take him into the mountains to shoot some stuff.  This may not be a tradition for everyone but it certainly is for my friends.

I have discussed before my frustration with Ukrainian gun restrictions and as such I felt compelled to show Andrey the joys of as many firearms as I practically could.  We started him out with my 9mm Beretta 92 which he enjoyed greatly and quickly became competent and confident.  I actually have video evidence to show how well he handled it.

We then moved him to my dad's H&K USP compact 40 which he enjoyed even more - that doesn't hurt my feelings... I like his better too. 
Everyone that comes with us on their first shoot must take a pull on my chrome-plated, short barreled, pistol-gripped Winchester 1300 12 gauge.  The uniqueness makes it worth every penny.
It's always a fan-favorite
This one is an example of armory irony... A man born in the Soviet Union must go halfway around the planet to the mountains of Colorado to fire a Soviet-made SKS.  
... and the requisite gangster pose.
He also shot a nice over-under skeet gun, a S&W 9mm, Marshall's Springfield XD 40, Smith .357, Marlin 30-30 and his dad's Sig 40.  All in all, a successful day.


4 comments:

  1. Well, it's about time! It takes me back to the first time I shot your riot shotgun, what a beast. I must say I'm guite jealous of the trigger time you enjoyed! But then again I haven't been stuck in an arms controlled eastern bloc county. I also enjoy the irony of the soviet made weapon more avaible in the west than the east. While you're around colorado matt, you must grab my brother and some of your gun buddies and get up here to shoot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The CO is the ole' wild west baby - shooting guns is definitely a part of the package experience.

    I saw that you guys follow my blog - so wanted to check you guys out. I'd love to hear your story and what you're doing as it relates to the Ukraine.

    Colorado is my home state - I miss and love it very much. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh man. I wish I could have been there.

    ReplyDelete

Give me your genius!