9/7/08

Chinese Food

Last night we decided that we really needed some Chinese food.  You may wonder why a person would visit Sweden and then eat Chinese food but I have a reasonable explanation.  In Ukraine you can get 3 kinds of food: Ukrainian (potatoes, borsch, sala, etc.), mayonnaise pizza and Tatar food.  That's it!  No Indian...no Mexican... no burgers...no Italian.  It's not that we don't like Ukrainian food but we are used to a little more variety.

So when we got to Stockholm, a reasonably diverse and cosmopolitan city, we decided that we were going to hit up all the places that serve something else... anything else.  And Chinese it was...

When we walked up, they had the menu posted on the door and the item that immediately caught my attention was called "Sexy Mee."  I laughed like a 12 year old and since the description looked tasty, we ordered that and 2 others.  One of those was called "Black Bean Chicken" or something like that but when we opened our orders at home, this is how they were labeled.
So once again I behaved like a 12 year old and decided to post the picture.  I hope you can make out the writing.

4 comments:

  1. Hahaha! Sounds like a good dinner...my fam and I definitely got a good laugh out of that, too. At least you're in good company. I mean, the Sweds have got to have a good sense of humor based on that. However, I am a bit confused why the Chinese takeout in Sweden writes their labels in English.

    ReplyDelete
  2. EL OH EL!!! That's almost too funny to be true!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Asian cuisine has always been a bit weird. Did you see the some of the things the street vendors in Beijing were selling during the Olympics? I thought a scorpion on a stick was over the top...but sexy black chick? No way man. Talk about soul food - I bet it would have been good with a cracker.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hee, hee, hee. That is awesome. I'm so glad you took a picture. As a freshman English teacher, I totally have that level of humor. I remember when a friend was talking about the organist for her wedding, and she said, "She's not a professional, but she gets around." I was hysterical. Then I had to explain it to her.

    I will totally remember the sexy black chick next time I'm at a Chinese restaurant!

    ReplyDelete

Give me your genius!