9/27/08

Quick Hunt

Recently my good buddy Timmy asked me to join him this weekend on an pronghorn hunt in south central Wyoming.  I'm always up for trying to repay in some little way the hunting help and advice he has provided over the past 5 or 6 years so I came along as company and pack mule.  I was in the truck for over 5 hours on Friday to get up to south central Wyoming then out of the truck for 3 hours of hike, stalk, shoot, clean and pack out.... so that I could get back in the truck for the 5 hour return trip.  Other than Tim having forgot his range finder, it was easily the fastest and most according to plan hunt I have ever been a part of.  We had a tent and sleeping bags that never left the truck!

Anyway, here are the shots of Tim's buck.  Congrats Timmy!
Here is the requisite "I was there when this animal was shot but didn't have much to do with it" picture.  I really don't know why we hunters always have to do that.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks Buddy! I had a great time, and by the way your chili meat is ready.

    ReplyDelete

Give me your genius!