9/29/08

Trinity Brewing Company

For those of you in Colorado Springs I need to give you a tip on a pretty cool new place in town.  In what looks to be turning into a weekly Monday event, I met with Ryan and the boys (minus Marshall who's in Cali) for lunch today.  Ryan made the call on Trinity which is in the Garden of the Gods/Centennial area - conveniently very close to his home office... but none of ours.

It's a strange mixture of hippie and redneck.  Everything is either recycled or reusable, they compost their food garbage and have something on their menu called "Vegan wings" (don't ask me what the bones are made of).  On the other hand, the place looks like someone's garage that's been converted into a hangout, they also have a menu item called "Bacon bowl" - which is exactly what it says, a bowl of bacon (with a side of syrup) - and it seems to only serve food as an excuse to serve more beer to wash it down.

It's a weird joint but I recommend you check it out if only for the atmosphere.... and a bacon bowl.

Also, if you read my blog via a aggregator or subscribe to my feed, I am testing out a new explanatory footer so be on the lookout for that.

2 comments:

  1. When I saw the title I was hoping that this was going to be a post about a new Christian beer label. That would have been funny...and although entirely off-base, I wouldn't be surpised if someone has tried. I mean, we make a Christian version of everything else, so why not beer? Of course, it be okay because it would be non-alcoholic. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy crap! I didn't read this until after I posted this comment, but it sounds like there is actually a Christian energy drink (Stuff Christians Like)...

    http://stufffchristianslike.blogspot.com/2008/09/412-christian-energy-drink.html

    That's exactly what I'm talking about! Funny coincidence.

    ReplyDelete

Give me your genius!