4/20/09

And the hits just keep on coming

I already posted on the Durban II anti-racism sham in Geneva this week and updated that post as various nations decided to boycott in the past 48 hours.

It looks like the event hit bottom on its opening day when Iranian hate-monger President Ahmadinejad cranked things up with attacks on Israel. The BBC is reporting that a stream of delegates walked out - even the French were disgusted.

It boggles the mind that any nation that sent a delegation is surprised that this was the result. I'm all for diplomacy but all parties have to come together in good faith and from a reasonable point of view....

Update: Israel recalled it's ambassador to Switzerland for hosting this debacle. Also, I don't know how I missed this one but the conference was scheduled to start on Holocaust Remembrance day.... and the 120th anniversary of the birth of Hitler.

Like I said, the hits just keep on coming. Way to go UN.

1 comment:

Give me your genius!