4/22/09

Perpsective

Sometimes I check my site traffic. Not as much as I used to but at least a few times a week. I also have a running visitor total at the bottom of the site. I just passed 35,000 - a sum accumulated over 2 years and 580 posts.

This morning I decided to look at the figures from another site - The Drudge Report - which also has a running total....

In the past 2 years combined, I've gotten 15/10,000 of the hits that Matt Drudge's site got.... yesterday. Yeah, 23.2 millions hits in the past 24 hours... Apples to apples, I average less than 1 hit for every 500,000 Drudge visitors (45 to 23 mill).

Of course, this disparate ratio probably also applies to our respective levels of hate mail too.

It's always important to keep perspective.


2 comments:

  1. How do you track traffic on our site
    I have no idea how many people visit my site.
    How do I do that?
    Secret work pipillaw

    ReplyDelete
  2. I use Sitemeter.com. Basically you just install the code somewhere (either hidden or with a counter) and then you can log in at the site to learn a whole host of creepily in-depth information about your readership.... If someone visits your site, sitemeter will tell you what OS they use and the resolution of their monitor.

    ReplyDelete

Give me your genius!