4/22/09

The pants delemma

I don't have enough pants. I guess that's not really true but the thought runs through my head occasionally in the morning. It's not that I can't find pants to wear... rather it's an issue of being too attached to my only 2 pair of 'all-purpose pants.' Here is how the situation develops.

I wake up - sometimes way too early due to a certain blond midget who sleeps across the hall - and I think, "What is my task(s) for the day and what pants are suitable for this?" Here's where I get into trouble....

What to do if my answer is 1. Fix a lawn mower, 2. Watch Cam for a few hours, 3. Meet with the camp leadership, 4. Shovel and transport ashes from the burn pile, 5. Help kids with homework? How do you dress for a day like that? I can't wear stained Dickies all day, nor can I wear my jeans (of which I have one pair) for fear that they will get dirty and leave me jean-less.

Clearly the answer is that you change your clothes a few times, but then you're dirty all day - at meetings and in public - and you get the INSIDE of your good pants dirty.

My problem is that my work day is too unpredictable to successfully protect my casual pants from grease and grass, and I can't do anything to change it. I will "endeavor to persevere..."

And thus concludes my insignificant complaint about a job/calling that I truly love.

4 comments:

  1. Ha! When my dad was over there on a work trip he brought and left some really cute navy coveralls. Maybe that is the solution to your problem, if you can find them. Just the idea makes me laugh though cause they are so cute! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you aren't too keen on Naomi's "CUTE" overalls idea, look on the bright side...it will be shorts season soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Actually Naomi, I have a pair of those coveralls!

    Apparently Andrey is not the same size as he was when your dad brought those over... so now they're mine. Actually I love them but it getting a bit warm to wear 2 full sets of clothes while working. It did help the dilemma during the winter and spring months.

    ReplyDelete

Give me your genius!