4/13/09

Out of sight, out of mind

You could call it a coincidence if you'd like but the past weeks where we haven't been blogging much has mysteriously coincided with a remarkable lack of contact with friends back in the US.

I honestly suspect that our blog is almost like a cyber presence in all of your lives. Not one that equals my actual presence (certainly not in stunning attractiveness, razor-sharp wit or staggering charm) but rather a cheap shadow of myself which reminds you all that I still exist. So the dilemma...

How do we stay in your minds like this if I don't really have anything to say?

I know I need to share the progress of our programs and the events of our friend's visits but I keep forgetting to take pictures - or at least that's my excuse. To be honest I think I've lost interest a bit compared to my feverous devotion of last year. I've been watching a pile of football but I know that exactly 2.5 of you care (Coach, you know you only half care), so I don't write about it. Nonetheless, the posts must go on.

I commit to writing more - to providing that cyber-self which makes you all fondly remember the days when I was there to.... ummm..... stand there and make ludicrous statements like the ones I've just made in this post.

4 comments:

  1. I tend to talk to you on facebook and just chat on the blog if something you write so motivates me :-)

    I sure can say you are not out of mind no matter HOW out of sight you may be!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It appears that since you've joined the FB underground and started Tweeting with the other twits, the stand-by, long-form expression of the blog will die.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mr. Cool has been watching football (of the Euro variety!) He cares! He would love for you to write about it--and that means I care as well, since he cares. And I'm 1 1/2 person(s) right now, so that should increase your total.

    WV: luncep--a hiccup after lunch

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know what's funny? NOT posting blogs has actually made me think more about you guys then when you post daily. I think I'm guilty of overlooking posts that come daily since I know everything is ok. The past few weeks or so I've wondered if you've been thrown in a Ukrainian prison or something. Weird, I know.

    ReplyDelete

Give me your genius!