10/24/07

Fact of the Day, E: Part 1 - From Dentist to Elephant

You may wonder how I come up with alphabetically ordered Fact of the Day topics that are so riveting - or maybe you don't. Either way, I'll walk you through a typical post. Since I already know what letter then next topic must pertain to, I just keep my eyes open for objects which begin with that letter. Once I find a promising object, I usually do an internet search for interesting events that include this object. Here's the for instance...today I was sitting the dentist chair, above which is a TV tuned to the Discovery channel. There was an interesting looking (there was no sound) nature show with included elephants. During one scene, three elephants are traveling down a sand dune and I noticed that due to the constraints of leg length, in order to go down such a steep hill they had to walk with their front legs and drag their hind legs. It was fascinating to me both because it looked very funny and because I'd never heard that this was an issue (and I know a lot of useless junk!). This interesting fact reminded me that I am on E for Fact of the Day thus, upon my arrival at work I did a quick elephant search. The next post is the result of this query.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Give me your genius!