10/18/07

You can't make this stuff up

I know I have been basically apolitical for the past few months but this story has brought me back to the subject. Most of you know that I am firm supporter of completing the mission in Iraq so this story that I caught on Powerline really frustrates me. Virtually all of the conservative media (largely talk radio and online) persist in the contention that the mainstream media has a liberal bias particularly when it comes to a war under a Republican president - and are routinely castigated for this view. This story has to affirm that when it comes to President Bush and Iraq, the is just no such thing as good news.



The article from Yahoo News is titled "As Violence falls in Iraq, cemetery workers feel the pinch." Here is a priceless excerpt:


At what's believed to be the world's largest cemetery, where Shiite Muslims aspire to be buried and millions already have been, business isn't good.

A drop in violence around Iraq has cut burials in the huge Wadi al Salam cemetery here by at least one-third in the past six months, and that's cut the pay of thousands of workers who make their living digging graves, washing corpses or selling burial shrouds.


No matter how well General Patreus and our armed forces do in Iraq, we must always be victimizing someone. Seriously folks, you cannot make this stuff up...

4 comments:

  1. I think it's also a case of, like was mentioned on WSD, good news doesn't sell. No matter what the subject, the news will find a way to report a negative side of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I guess you're right but I never imagined that there was a downside to innocent people NOT dying. At least not one about which a reasonable person would feel comfortable writing a news story and signing their name to.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Touche, yeah, that's pretty sad isn't it?!? "What, you mean innocent people aren't dying??!?!? This world's gone crazy!!!!!"

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Yeah! I just can picture living in a world with that little suffering!!! I won't stand for it!!! I must get the word out about the obscene lack of death in a war zone!!!!”

    ReplyDelete

Give me your genius!