10/19/07

Who can resist "NEW"?


I always mock my wife for being unable to resist any product that has NEW on the package. Skittles has a NEW flavor? Let's get it! NEW Basil Raisin Bran? Great! NEW Snickers with pebbles and rabbit pellets? Sold!
Well, it appears that I am not immune to this marketing technique either. For those of you who don't have Blogger accounts/Blogs, its page layout feature gives you the opportunity to "add a page element." Once selected, a pop-up page gives you a variety of "elements" which you can add to your blog. These vary from text to html code to link lists to advertising. Occasionally Blogger adds element types just to make things more interesting. It was with that in mind that checked in with the formatting feature today. Sure enough, there at the top of the options was:
New! Poll!
Add an opinion poll to your blog!
Ok, so I'm fully aware that I have few enough readers to just ask both of you what your opinions are on any given topic without adding an entirely new section to my blog page and yet.......
Please look to the right and notice (though I'm sure you already have) that I am also unable to resist the draw of those 3 magical letters! I succumbed to the NEWness of the poll so make it worth my while and let me know which of my handful of subjects you prefer. If you need to review (though I am nearly positive that you 2 have memorized every one of my 101 posts) or have trouble deciding, you can select a topic from the list below the poll and peruse past ruminations.

7 comments:

  1. I enjoy every topic...it's the only thing that gets me through that rough patch from 8:00 - 8:02 every morning at work! I'm JUST kidding with you - I do enjoy reading your blog very much. Can I vote for more then one? I'm gonna try.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blast! It only let me vote for one. I put Ukraine, since that's where you're headed for a year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I seem to recall that I can set it to accept more than one answer per person. Should I change it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you should change it...you could then take the top 2-3 topics and blog about em.

    What I mean is, I enjoy reading posts about the Ukraine, sports, and family (for example). If I can only vote for one, say sports, then it might mis-communicate to you that I don't want to read about the other two - which isn't true.

    As long as no one abuses it and votes for an item 50 times, it should give you a better feel for what the public wants imo. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just tried to change it for you but it's set once a person has voted...sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'll just find a 3rd computer. Hehe. Thanks for checking.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These polls are only designed to run for a set period of time so the next one (if there is one) will be set up for multiple votes per person. Sort of like an election for the mayor of Chicago. Vote early, vote often.

    ReplyDelete

Give me your genius!