11/9/07

I can't believe I survived bachelorhood







Sarah and Campbell left for a week in Michigan on Wednesday, a departure that in conjunction with the tail-end of my vacation that I didn't need for hunting, leaves me in a position similar to my single, young-adult years.  After dropping her off at the airport I took the opportunity to hang out at Bass Pro in Denver until only the prospect of getting stuck in traffic induced me to leave.  In short, I've had the past few days completely to myself.  No responsibilities, curfews, checking in, asking for opinions or permission and after 48 hours of total freedom I have decided that it is...BORING.  I have no idea how I made it through my roughly 3 years of adulthood prior to meeting Sarah.

It has also brought me face-to-face with the reasons behind my former troubles with alcohol.  The lack of daily responsibilities - even if only being aware of the physical and emotional needs of your wife - retard a man's ability to mature and without maturity freedom is destructive.  I thank the Lord that he brought Sarah into my life to give me an object of focus outside myself and thereby drawing me toward a healthy maturity.  Had He not, I shudder to think of where my behavioral patterns would have led.

I make these observations in order to give greater emphasis to this point:

I need my Sarry back!  I know she's having a great time in Michigan so I will wait patiently for her and little Campbell-cito to come home.

2 comments:

  1. Very good point. Don't ever forget that she's the best thing that's happened to you! Being single is not all that exciting. Btw, I love that pic of Campbell! That's a must keep.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think I've ever questioned the positive impact she's had on me. Plus you cannot deny that she's given me the cooooolest son a man could ask for...even cooler with that hat on!

    ReplyDelete

Give me your genius!