11/11/07

The iPhone or something like it

Since its release, Slick and Kacie have blogged their delight about the new iPhones and, feeling a little left out I decided to write about my high end handheld.  Here it is, the true Crackberry:
This particular piece of electronics (with the emphasis on piece) was somewhere near middle-of-the-line when it was purchased 2 1/2 years ago.  It has a state of the art abacus calculator, email only matched by that of machines 1/4 it's size, a processor that rivals first generation Ataris and a full 3- or 4-shade color screen.  Its web-surfing capabilities function at nearly twice the speed of smell (credit for that quote to comedian Ron White).

As you can see in the advertising photo above, it can be upgraded in many ways.  I opted to remove 3 of its 4 main screws to shed valuable ounces while adding a strip of lightweight duct tape to maintain the structural integrity of the hand held.  For a touch of uniqueness and individuality I added the reflective patches on all sides of the massive 3 inch display through a special process of "pumice shining" (achieved by keeping the phone in my pocket with warehouse grime).  For additional grip when making speedy calls, I "drop roughed" all the corners, utilizing the pavement of countless warehouses and storage facilities around the country.  As part of my contract with Verizon, I am informed fortnightly about my outstanding balance which occasionally gives me a period of peace from those pesky (though important) emails, voice mails and phone calls.

All in all, the RIM Crackberry is a phone of epic capabilities and aesthetics.  If you'd like to own this PIECE of custom electronics, you can pick it up in the bottom of my office trash can on December 11th. 

17 comments:

  1. Consider it yours, my friend. Did I neglect to mention that is has exactly 2 ring tones? The abrasive, annoying standard ring and William Tell Overture. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent. I'm looking forward to having a multi-function wireless device akin to the iPhone. Though the iPhone probably wouldn't admit to having such backwater kin, much like my kinfolk in the greater cosmopolitan cities (an unnecessary redundancy) deny my existence.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I spent the better part fo Saturday night discussing your kinfolk with you father. I happen to know that you have no kin in any major metropolis...unless the nothingness of western Nebraska and South Dakota have been recatagorized as cosmopolitan.

    ReplyDelete
  4. yum, I love neopolitan.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Is it just me, or is it just us talking here. If so, maybe I should just call you at Kacie's iPhone using Slick's iPhone.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What do I care...I'm getting lots of comments. I am really disappointed in the response. I seriously thought this was one of my funniest posts and I've gotten very little response.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Whats up you slackers i see how you have been spending your days.:) Sorry Matt if that last graphic of the smaily face does not so up on your custom PDA.
    K does not what to us that highly custom machine with her work?

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is seriously one of the funniest blog posts I've ever read in my life. I have been laughing so hard since I first read it at 10:30 this morning, I'm just now recovering enough to post a comment. Matt, you are a genius.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, kc! I ask for the simple common courtesy of a comment and I get this kind of sarcastic mockery! Good thing I have a good self-esteem.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes, I am posting this comment from my iPhone. Why? Because I can. Nice "piece" of work, this post is! It's definitely sponge worthy (Seinfeld)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I appreciate you encouragement. By my count, I am coming close to breaking Coach's record for most comments so it must have been a decent post.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Does it really "count" if half of the comments are from the person on whose blog all comments are being recorded? I think we should put an asterisk next to your name in the record books.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Asterisk?!?!?

    I don't think you get more comments by using human growth hormone. It's not like I'm juiced!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have noticed that Matt's skull is remarkably larger then before he started this blog!

    ReplyDelete
  15. That just because of the horse tranquilizers...I mean, I've been working out a lot lately...with my skull.

    ReplyDelete

Give me your genius!