11/1/07

Mac Today?

I was hoping to have written my next post on my new MacBook but it seems that this isn't to be. I couldn't keep waiting and leave my blog responsibilities unfulfilled so I am writing ABOUT but not on my new computer for what I hope will be the last time. I am now even more excited to receive my Mac since I have discovered via the FedEx tracking page that Apple actually has the ability to bend time (a power that I hope is standard on my laptop as I didn't purchase any upgrade in this respect).

According to FedEx, my package arrived in Anchorage, AK at 8:47pm yesterday evening. I found this odd primarily because I happened upon this information at roughly 10:30am yesterday. Before any of you make fools of yourselves and mention time zones, let's recall that it is always earlier in Alaska than here. As a further trick, my computer proceeded to depart Anchorage yesterday at 3:30pm; a full 5 hours before it supposedly arrived in said city. It's on the internet, it has to be true!

I suppose that I shouldn't be surprised that Apple CEO Steve Jobs can manipulate time as his company guaranteed me that my computer would arrive 7 days from the time of my order via FedEx ground service from Shanghai, China. Now that's amazing!

Upon my arrival at work I checked with the mysterious FedEx tracking system and both my MacBook and the international adaptor kit (separate shipments) arrived at the FedEx location in Colorado Springs early this morning, giving me hope that they will be delivered to my house today. Please cross your fingers with me.

Update: I have heard from my wife that the MacBook has arrived and will be in my hands at the office today at 11 or so. Good news!

Update 2.0: During the period of time between last Saturday and today when my MacBook arrived, its graphic capabilities have become obsolete. Luckily for us, Apple is pretty cool about these things so tomorrow I am doing a straight swap for the upgraded version at the Apple store at Park Meadows Mall in Denver. If you get a chance, give these people your business because they understand customer service.

4 comments:

  1. Mac-tastic! Have fun playing with your new toy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not so fast! I have to return my original for the upgraded MacBook on my way to hunting. I don't even think I can use my computer until a register it online (something that is difficult in the woods), so it will have to wait until I return from my call of the wild.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi this is Jenny, Sarah's friend from home. Just wanted to say "Hi" and let you know we're excited for your family's upcoming adventure. We'll be praying for you. I loved looking at your family pictures. And isn't a Happy Birthday in order? I think I'm a little late but I hope it was a good one, Sarah. (Let me know if I'm way off;)) Keep the updates and pictures coming.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Jenny, this is Matt. Sarah just left today to go back to MI for a visit and a wedding. When I talked to her last she was doing well and Campbell traveled like a dream. Her birthday was Friday and I'll tell that you say wished her a happy one.

    ReplyDelete

Give me your genius!