2/21/07

Football Baby!

Having read Slick's post today on the "the world's game" I have been in a soccer mood all day. Thus, when I saw this link to German periodical Spiegel on Drudge Report it caught my eye. It seems that Germany's solid performance in last summer's Copa del Mundo (that's World Cup in English, and don't ask why I used Spanish) has caused a Kraut baby boom. Apparently for this nation of Prussian orderliness it is newsworthy to note that sun, beer, excitement and body paint lead to a greater degree of randiness among the young fans of Deutschland. The real news is that Europeans have discovered a way to correct their dangerously low birthrates. This is great news for the soccer world as, to urge greater child-bearing, there is now a motivation to hold the World Cup ever 2 years. Yea!!

4 comments:

  1. You see? Soccer even has the power to unite man and woman! I think it could have been the beer...but Germans should have a high tolerance.

    Here are my reasons why:

    Germany has ALWAYS played a rigid, defense-first, methodical style. This is another subject - but it is well documented that countries play soccer theysame way the live their lives. Hence, the sterotypical German, when not building engineering masterpieces would approach soccer in the same way he approached life.

    Enter Germany's new coach and former national team player - Jurgen Klinsmann. Or as the German's call him, California Klinsee (he lives in CA with his wife, tennis player Steffi Graff, I believe). He brought a Cali flair that Germany has never seen before - an attacking, exciting brand of football. During the tournament the broadcasters kept saying that Germany's success and new, "liberating" sylte of play had caused an uncharacteristic wave of enthusiam throughout the country.

    So, needless to say...I think Germans actually let their hair down, let the potato chip drop from between their cheeks, and had a lot WHOLE lot of fun watching AND putting a few past the goalie into the net.

    Yes...YES!...YESSSSSSS!!!!!....GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAL! Or something like that in German.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was actually just stereotyping when I talked about the methodical Germans. I feel vindicated by you agreeing with my assessment of the usual (non-World Cup) state of affairs there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It doesn't matter if you know who will win the game. What matters is beating the spread. And what matters more is getting great value for your bets. https://astagaming.hatenablog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Incredible tips and straightforward. This will be exceptionally helpful for me when I get an opportunity to begin my blog. headquarters

    ReplyDelete

Give me your genius!