2/28/07

Slick Little Shooter

In an attempt to break new ground on topics for my blog and as a favor to my friend Mikey Pikey Stinky Winky (not his given name), I am going to post a little blurb on a firearm. While this may put me on some sort of watch list, I am going to be brave and forge ahead.


This is a Feather USA RAV45ACP. It is made by a Colorado based company and is known as a "takedown gun." While this may sound (and look) suspiciously Jack Baueresqe, it is actually a very useful tool for a certain segment of the population. It is called take down because it is possible to disassemble the weapon quickly into its basic parts for storage and transportation. It only weighs about 3 pounds (my T/C Encore rifle is considered lightweight at about 8 lbs) minus the accessories (scope, etc) and fits into a compact padded carry bag. It is designed for backpackers, pilots, boaters, campers and anyone else who might be in position to need a versatile firearm, but doesn't have space or weight capacity to carry a standard rifle. It has a high capacity for self-defense, but the ammo is not unnecessarily bulky as it is designed as a worst case scenario survival tool. I can foresee a myriad potential uses in this regard. Small plane crash, injury while backpacking, lost in bad weather, backwater boating accident, etc. It is potent enough to be adequate for emergency hunting or for protection against predators (both the 2 or 4 legged variety).
If you or someone you know might be interested in such a gun, let me know. My friend Mike bought it at the urging of a few unnamed family members and has not engaged in any of the above-mentioned activities for which it might be useful, thus leaving it practically brand new.

2 comments:

  1. I have one already What is he looking to get for it. I love mine actually.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ray,
    My buddy ended up trading it in on a tricked-out AR. He enjoyed having it but it was "surplus to requirements", as they say.

    ReplyDelete

Give me your genius!