2/20/07

Upon further review...

This is essentially a follow up to my previous post and the comment conversation with Coach and Slick (is it surreal that I'm using pseudonyms in a 3 way conversation?). I am certainly taking your advice under consideration, but I am not yet ready to break into another, politically focused blog. Were I to take that step at this point, it would be an even greater temptation to spend too much of my workday writing and/or checking blogs. On top of that, I would post much more frequently to a political blog (to create a readership outside of people that know off the top of their heads what my middle school's mascot was) and it would require more research time. I am discussing with Sarah getting Internet at our house to give her more flexibly in work communications and maybe at that point I will make the leap into online political punditry. All that to say, at least for now, I am sticking with the current format. Thanks guys for your comments and encouragement.

Post Script: As an interim solution to my eclectic topics of interest, I have designed a labeling system that breaks my posts into Politics, Family and Commentary(essentially anything that doesn't fit into the other two categories). If you are only interested in one or two types of posts, you can check only those by clicking on the label titles listed under my profile. Some items of discussion such as this one may fit into more than one category.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm starting a page for the band I'm in, and I'd be glad to put a link to your politico-blog when you decide the ruling on the field should no longer stand. Radio-show listeners all over the city will log onto the band site and see the link to your blog and go nutso - if they weren't already.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice. Don't think I don't realize that this is at least slightly influenced by my comment about how I might get access to a local political radio commentator. Now that I have that access, I will seriously reconsider my stance on a separate political blog. I still need non-work internet access to keep my time wasting to a minimum. I really am touched by your offer.

    ReplyDelete

Give me your genius!