12/9/07

Colorado Shootings

I just wanted to make a mention of the tandem shootings in Colorado today.  We've been keeping a close eye on this as New Life Church is a staple of the North Colorado Springs community.  My brother-in-law and his family attend this church and we've already spoken with him to ensure that they are safe.  As you can imagine with a church that size (apparently 10,000 members) we have quite a few friends and neighbors that may or may not have been in attendance.  There have also been reports of shots being fired 3/4 mile north of New Life which is roughly the location of the church where The Coach is an assistant pastor.  I've also spoken to him but he had left church early and is fine.  He is probably trying to determine the safety of the rest of his congregation as we speak.   

Please be praying for those who are still in lock-down at their churches.

7 comments:

  1. What I don't really understand is why CNN felt it necessary to start their article off with: "A BLACK man" Couldn't they simply have said "A man". It is a sad commentary on CNN and just how racist they are becoming.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I believe the CNN article said a "black-clad man" not a "black man."

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ron, I must agree with anonymous, every report I've heard has indicated that it was a WHITE male, late teens/early 20's dressed in black so your reading of the facts is clearly sloppy.

    That said, I'm not sure why it's racist to indicate the physical characteristics of an killer at large. Now that you know that the killer was white and the news (CNN included) stated that fact, does that make it any less racist? I am assuming you believe it does. Ron, I must assume that you are a college graduate - possibly even masters level - as the university is the predominate venue for learning how think with that kind of muddled logic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey so I just had a question of who is "The Coach"

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good reason to watch the news for 5 minutes to know what happened, then catch what really happened the next day or two as the details become known...unless you like watching people talking about what they don't know over and over again for hours on end!

    It's sad to hear that the two girls that were killed were sisters, my heart and prayers go out to that family.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Coach is a regular participant in this blog. A link to his blog is on the right side.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aaron, I appreciate your summary of how bad information is propagated. I loved watching the cable news outlets completely botch that one.

    Coach, thanks for answering questions for me in my cyber-absence. The fact that I'm commenting must mean I made it to Ukraine safely. I should be posting about my trip soon.

    ReplyDelete

Give me your genius!