12/30/07

Christmas Party - Global Action, Kerch

We had a busy week planning and preparing for yesterday's (Saturday) Global Action New Years/Christmas party (here the mention of the holidays are inverted since the they occur in the opposite order) for all the individuals in Kerch that are a part of our ministry in the area.  This involved both employees and volunteers and was a lovely affair.  I was asked to help with decorations, an area in which I am desperately under utilized.  I think my true calling is in determining what gives a room just the right ambiance....of course I'm joking - I have serious difficulties in matching my own clothes, let alone the decor of a Christmas gala...

It was good to celebrate with some of the summer volunteers that I hadn't seen since arriving.  The evening was basically a chance for the top folks with Global Action - of which I was included as the representative for Global Action, USA - had a chance to sincerely thank everyone that participated in the ministry.  There was also singing and a very official-sounding distribution of Christmas gifts.  All-in-all, a nice evening and a good way to jump into our week-long holiday.  Here's some pics...

As I mentioned, we had some Christmas songs as well as worship.


Last night was the first time I had a chance to meet Jenya the translator's (L) wife (R), whose name eludes me at the moment.  Jenya is actually much more than a translator here at the Hope Center but I refer to him as such to distinguish him from...


My other buddy, Jenya the security guard.  He also does much more than security, including AIDS awareness presentations at high schools.  I think that very nicely sums up how the staff here really works as a team.


Jenya's a big fan of Campbell and really helped us last night with child care.


The evening concluded with a small fireworks show which I am convinced was just a series of dynamite explosions. 

1 comment:

  1. I still have the "bucket of love" under my desk from when I found it my first day at work...I call it my little piece of Matt.

    ReplyDelete

Give me your genius!