2/9/09

I got a new job....

....and in this economy!

Here at the HopeCenter, this type of view is going to be a lot more common.

I have been asked to help fill in as security through the month of February.  The head of security, Igor is heading on vacation so his shifts will be covered by one of either me, Jenya or Andrey.  This is big deal for me because it indicates faith in my competence and capabilities.

Here, being security involves welcoming our guests and discouraging the unwanted.  Strangely I'm more worried about the former as it requires language skills that I don't think I have yet.  It's easier for me to yell at trespassers in the dead of night than cordially invite a guest to speak with some of our staff.  At night I have 2 scary shepherd/rottweilers to help me with the yelling part.

I'll have to let you all know how this experiment goes...  I think my[our] first shift will be Tuesday.

2 comments:

  1. wow thats awesome! i would like to see Matt running to gates and opening door for me))))An i'm sooo sure u will be the best security in the world!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to see the ranger at work! I hope things continue to go well and that you get your value and effort out of it.

    Also, as I did apprecieate the "normal life" post - thanks for another picture of you mission.

    And, good luck with the guard posting - I have always found it much easier to yell than to help - but I've never tried it in a different language. I'm sure you'll do fine.

    ReplyDelete

Give me your genius!