2/24/09

Mom, Dad and TK (Updated)

Update: I've been given special dispensation from Tammi to post the below photo of her at Anfield.  Thanks Tam.


Through all of this traveling stuff, I didn't get a chance to post on 2 very important events of last week.

February 20th marks the 38th anniversary of the relationship which has defined most of my life and the birth of one of my favorite people.  My parents were married that date in 1971 and my lovely sister Tammi was born exactly 4 years later.

There's no another date that encompasses more of what has made me who I am that February 20th.  I have benefited to no end by having stable, loving, supportive parents who encouraged me to excel in everything I tried.  I always joke with people that due to my dad's constant support, I was 14 or so before I realized I wasn't the best at every sport ever invented.

Of course my mama backed me to the hilt in everything too, often helping my teachers figure out how to deal with my 'special' personality - without ever letting me avoid responsibility for my own actions.

And of course Tammi...
Another famous family story is that when we were little, my mom could give us each a cookie and leave the room, only to return to find that Tammi had both cookies and I was happier than when she left.  What a great example of true leadership!  

Tammi tends not to like pictures so I'll honor her preference and leave visualizing her beauty to your imagination.

Our family isn't and hasn't been perfect over the years but I love these 3 (and of course Joy but her anniversary's in October and birthday's in December so she has to wait for her turn) and can't over state how much being part of it has formed me - in a good way - into who I am.

2 comments:

Give me your genius!