2/18/09

Kharkov

I just re-ordered these pictures and then realized that my memory wasn't right... the events protrayed did not occur in this order.

We got to look around Kharkov today and I really enjoyed it.  I don't have a ton of time since we leave for the train station for our 10:30 PM departure, so this will be very brief.  All pics are photoshoped by Sergey.

Graffitti on some wall.  AIDS awarness art.  Jenya does lectures on AIDS in schools so we thought we needed some shots with the wall.  
We are positioned to have wings... wings that were origianlly on flying condoms.  Very weird.

This is an anti-Yushenko/anti-American rally by the communists.  I did feel a bit uncomfortable was we walked around taking pictures with Sergey and Jenya speaking to me very loudly in English.  They had a donation box to send President Yushenko to the US - and it was pretty darn full!
Beautiful orthodox monestary downtown.  We got some good shots and ate tastey treats baked by the monks.

And what tour is complete without a pic of a huge Lenin statue.  It's not actually John Lennon but Sergey liked the idea that it could be.


4 comments:

  1. it was freaken awesome day! we was hanging in game land for few hours! was walking through the downtown! well i felt that it was one of the best days this year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so jealous, but in a good way! I am so glad you had fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool story! We love the pics, Sergey!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ohhhhh spasiba(thanx)! matt will post story on Donetsk so it will be much better! We won!

    ReplyDelete

Give me your genius!