12/2/08

How do you misspell an acronym?

I use a service called sitemeter which monitors traffic data for this blog.  One of the items that it shows is 'referrals' - ie. how a visitor found my site.  Today I noticed that recent hit was registered when the person Googled:

"80HD symptoms"

I looked back in my archives for this post on ADHD which was my 9th entry on this site - now at well over 460 posts.  In it I write satirically about the epidemic-like progression from 80D to 80HD and finally to 1080HD.  I just reread it and would highly (and egotistically) recommend it.  Even I laughed at my former glory.

If I were to try to answer the searchers question - based on the fact that 1080HD gives a great picture quality - I would guess that the symptoms of having only 80HD resolution would be generally poor picture quality and a very grainy watching experience....  but I'm no doctor.

2 comments:

  1. Ha! I find this extremely funny. I’d bet 5 bucks it’s because they weren’t paying attention in grammar/spelling class…hence they suffer from 80HD.

    ReplyDelete

Give me your genius!