1/13/09

Let's get organized!


We have gotten some outstanding care packages and requests from many friends as to what we would like in future packages.  We've decided that it's time to organize this process so we get more bang for your buck.  Here are some things that we would like, not all of which would you need to purchase:

Matty:
  • My newest Cabelas catalogue - If you live in the Springs you can contact my parents and get this from them.
  • My disc golf discs - These don't take up much room and they would be a great game to have at camp for the after-school program from now to May.  Also at my parent's house.
  • Jerky and gummies- These speak for themselves and are always welcome.
  • Burned versions of decent TV show series or movies.  Normal US DVDs don't work on our player but burned ones do.
Sarah:
  • Tasty hot tea bags
  • Microwave popcorn - To go with our DVDs.
  • Pictures of yourself
  • Games or activities - Anything compact and appropriate for ages 8-15 that don't require excessive amounts of English reading.
As I read these I am struck my apparent selfishness!  I guess when you're the author you can put whatever you want in the post, right?

If you are planning a package, take these requests into consideration or leave a comment for others to read and maybe you can piggyback on each other's packages.

2 comments:

  1. Hey guys. Glad you are back in the swing of things. We miss you back here though.

    by the way, if someone wanted to send you a care package how would that someone go about doing that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarah tells me that I should have stressed that we are very interested in having people send activities for the kids.

    If you want to send one the best way is a flat rate USPS box but they have gotten a lot more expensive since we first arrived. If you want to do it, you'll be looking at around $40-$50 for postage (so don't feel obligated to send something).

    The address here is:
    80 Ordjonikidze Street
    Kerch, Crimea 98309
    Ukraine

    ReplyDelete

Give me your genius!