1/28/09

My evenings

This is a tough time of year for a football fan in Ukraine.  The national league is on it's winter holiday and though there is a winter cup competition, it's not shown on a channel I have on my TV.  No other national league's games are televised and there is a huge gaping hole in the Champions League competition until March.

I have nothing to actually watch.  Here is my best shot at alleviating this.... I use the EPL's live score center as much as I can to follow my Reds.  My screen will look like this for most of the evening.....

....and I'm also going to Donetsk to see Shakhtar play Tottenham on February 19th.  This is a 3 day trip with us being in Donetsk for only a few hours for the actual game.  Yeah, you counted right, it's 30 hours or so of train travel each way to watch 90 minutes of football.  Am I desperate?  You bet I am!  

Of course it's also a great chance to watch quality football at a serious discount.  I've been told that tickets range from $1-$30 depending on the section.  To see the second leg of this match-up in London would run me at least a few hundred per ticket.

3 comments:

  1. I totally just looked at your skype list. A little disappointed that I didn't show up on it... dag

    ReplyDelete
  2. As I mentioned before... you'd be on it if you were ever logged on to Skype.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The way things are going, I wouldn't be surprised if Shaktar won it. We're very inconsistent right now. Plus, Harry straight up said the league is our priority, so we may not start our best 11. I'll look for you on tv!

    ReplyDelete

Give me your genius!