1/19/09

A serious God moment

I thought you should all be blessed by this....

Last night I experienced a miracle.  It was unarguably a moment where the Lord stepped into the physical realm and made his presence known.

Yesterday Cam didn't take a nap and by about 7pm is was fairly obvious.  He wasn't actually making this face.... 
...but that was pretty much his attitude.

He was whining a bit and when I tried to joke with him a little to distract him,  he proceeded to hit me in temple with Thomas the Tank Engine or one of his equally solid cohorts.  I don't mean a tap; he gave me the business.

As though in a dream, I watched myself from above as I calmly stood up, and in a firm but controlled fashion took him to his room where he received a reasoned explanation for the spanking he would receive.  I gave him two solid swats and gave him a hug.

What is that!?!  I have felt like breaking my own finger in anger and frustration for far less egregious things.  After I came back in, Sarah said she was shocked how calm I was and I think even Campbell was a little worried about the silence.  I don't mean to say that I'm an angry person but I certainly don't have it within myself to react like this.

Anyway, maybe the point is that I'm trying to make is that the Lord can be found in so many places if you're willing to look and realize how much he helps us deal with our fallen nature.

1 comment:

  1. I will pray for equal patience when we get there! You are a great dad!

    ReplyDelete

Give me your genius!