5/10/08

Cam's New Bed (updated)

This boy makes us so proud.  Tonight was his first night in his new bed - one without railings.  That's right...he's 2 years, 2 weeks old and he is in a big boy bed.  We made the decision based on the fact that if he wanted to stretch out completely in his crib, it required him laying diagonally.  So from tonight on, he will be sleeping on the love seat/hide-a-bed pictured in the photo below.
We were fully prepared to have to put back in bed a few times before he understood that he must stay there all night, but after a quick book, a prayer and some goodnight kisses he let us walk out with no complaints.  It's just after 10pm as I write this and we haven't heard a peep from him.  Sometimes I literally wonder how other people could want to have children, knowing that they won't be as cool as my son...but that's just a proud daddy talking.

Update: After I wrote this post Sarah informed me that she had taken some pictures of the boy's new digs which should have been included on this post.  Some funny shots...

If this room looks suspiciously like an office, that's because it's an office.
Far from it being difficult to keep him in his new sideless bed, I think he would have thrown a fit if we had asked him to leave it.  Who knew sofa beds were so much fun?

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations Campbell on having a big boy bed!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww...now that is one sweet boy!! How much fun he looks like he is having!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't you miss those days when getting something new like a bed was the coolest thing ever. I hope he holds on to the excitement of milestones like this for as long as possible.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just wait til he starts wandering the house at night. Nathan slept from 1930-0800 with no problems from day 1 in his big boy bed, and now sees fit to wander the house in the middle of the night and visit allisyn, and then visit us, and then decides to do it all over again at 0600. While it's both cute and funny, it does get a little old, and I find myself missing those days when I could "trap" him. Great pics, and way to go CAM!!

    ReplyDelete

Give me your genius!