5/9/08

Manchester United's telling debt number

I just heard on the Guardian Unlimited podcast (yet another of my football links to the real world), that despite their success, Manchester United is in serious debt.  They mentioned a number and I verified it here.  Those filthy Mancunian scum (non-coincidentally known as the Red Devils) are in fact 666 million pounds in the hole (anyone know how to make that little 'L' symbol that means British pounds?).

It brings to mind the age-old story of the man selling his soul to the Devil in exchange for virtuoso talent.  It verifies that the Mankers skipper Sir Alex Ferguson is, if not Satan himself, at least very well acquainted with the Prince of Darkness.

I wonder where this leaves me since I am obliged to cheer against Chelsea in PL and the Champions League final.  Decisions, decisions....

1 comment:

  1. Just saw this post. I find it funny too that the number is 666. If it helps, Liverpool and United are much bigger rivals then Liverpool and Chelsea. Considering Chelsea beat Liverpool, this means you can root for whichever team you feel like and be right!

    ReplyDelete

Give me your genius!