5/29/08

Thursday 13: Top things from home that I wish I had here

Since I have the time on this dreary Wednesday afternoon, I am really going to try to make this 13 as diverse and entertaining as possible.

The top 13 things from home (that I currently own; not counting people), that I want to have here:

13.  Since it's not too interesting to count all my guns individually, I will make my bird gun, shorty shotgun, 300WM, Beretta and SKS the same item... oh and throw in a set of cammies for good measure.

12.  An REI to return my worthless pair of Asolo boots to.

11.  A set of nice, big Air Force Academy Football stadium cups.  Hot days call for more than a shot-glass worth of water.

10.  My American digging and flat shovels.  They have a weird idea that reversible shovels (ie. the same angle on either side of the digging head) are a better design.  

9.  My faithful dog Diesel.  He would have to do a little behavioral training to get along with the guard dogs but he would love it.

8.  My bed complete with my pillow.  I don't really know what the current sleeping situation is lacking but it's just not the same.

7.  An Apple store (ok, I don't own that but I still want one).  I get tired of tech people not knowing how to open a window.

6.  Our entire photo library prior to coming here.  All lost in the great HD crash of '08.

5.  Bath tub.  That one is pretty much Sarah's.

4.  Venison.  This speaks for itself... one can only eat so much bologna.

3.  An oven.  Also Sarry...

2.  My truck!!!!  I miss it almost everyday... in which I do not buy gas.

and...

1.  Gold Bond Medicated powder.  If you don't know what this is, you better find out.  Like the swiss army knife of the hygiene isle.

5 comments:

  1. All of your pictures?! My heart just skipped a beat.

    I wish I could box those things up to send to you and Sarah.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can arrange for some AFA cups to come over in the care package with the youth group, but I think the bathtub might present a bit of a problem.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd like to add all of our music that we lost in the crash of '08.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Sarah...I've got some old middle school and high school pics of Matt if you want to start rebuilding your library. Hehehe.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Somehow europeans have failed to grasp the idea that water can be drunk in vast quantities - by which I mean you can get a beer in 64 ounce steins or even by the barrel, but can you get a glass of water larger than unine sample? Hang in there budy - good to hear you're feeling better.

    ReplyDelete

Give me your genius!