11/25/08

Gas price reminder

I discussed in an earlier post that people seem to only remember the times when gas prices are skyrocketing and in the interests of fairness I decided to point out equally impressive cost decreases.  In this post from October 17th I mention that fuel has dropped from nearly $4/gallon to the staggeringly low level of $3.20 or so and promised to give updates if the continued.  

Today at the corner of Academy and Briargate - a traditionally expensive station - unleaded was at $1.47.  That's more than a 50% price cut from 2 months ago.  I just thought you might like to hear some good news on this lovely Tuesday morning.

4 comments:

  1. Price-gouging, I think they call it.

    secret word: aract - better not really take my first stab at this one

    ReplyDelete
  2. I marked "junk" because I think everyone else in the country already knew gas was $1.50. Sorry buddy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Slick, not that I care that much when you point out when a post is crap but my purpose wasn't to inform, it was to add perspective. Sometimes is helps a little to point out the good things so people might have an easier time remembering them when things aren't so good.

    I accept your criticism though.... it was a pretty stupid post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am not sure where price gouging comes into the picture.

    The down side of lower gas prices is it reduces the interest in alternative fuels, alternative means of transportation, and conservation. You know, all those things that are more and more critical to keeping this planet livable.

    We have already passed peak oil. Gas Prices will go back up. When the world economy recovers and consumption rises, prices will have to rise and they will.

    Our dependence on oil, much of it not from American sources is a huge strategic vulnerability. It is also a core factor in what we are doing to this world of ours. Higher gas prices increase the interest in addressing those related problems.

    Secret Word: glesess

    ReplyDelete

Give me your genius!