11/6/08

Post ratings

If you use Blogger and don't read the Blogger Buzz blog (you can find it on the Dashboard page) you are missing out on the the new features that this format is always coming out with.  My favorite new one is a blog rating feature that allows people to give you feedback on how they like each post.  I'm interested to see if I can get a better feel for which topics are most popular.

I've added it to the end of my posts, though I honestly have no idea how it works yet so please give me a rating so I can test it.

PS, is it so obvious that you can set your own response options?


PPS, be careful how you use those little check boxes... apparently you can vote multiple times and can't change your response.




4 comments:

  1. Have you stopped beating your wife?

    There is no good answer to that question. If you truley want honest feedback, you will need a wider range of possible responses than "halirious, brilliant, or genius."

    Perhaps: "seriously?" / "TMI" / "20 seconds I'll never get back" / or "your son is cute, by why are you in the picture?" Just some thoughts.

    Anyway, the answer to the first quetions is always: "your face!" (and I know you don't beat your wife - cause she could totally take you...)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your ideas for optional responses, Mark.

    I was hoping that you could customize the options for each post but it's an all or nothing type thing. The current options were only temporary and designed to be part of the humor of this particular post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Blah!
    Uhh…
    Hmm
    Nice
    Allsome

    I like this scale best...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Are you seeing a decrease in comments because of the ratings vote check boxes? I think I'm posting fewer comments because I have the option to just say "yes," "no," or "maybe so"

    secret word: Unita - If the President-Elect were the QB facing Broadway Joe

    ReplyDelete

Give me your genius!