11/30/08

Thoughts about Andrey, my job, Ukraine and Christmas

I have been thinking a bit today about this tragic situation involving our former student Andrey in South Africa.  I'm trying to avoid a long dissertation complete with transition sentences so I'll just bullet point some of my thoughts.

  • This is exactly why we feel so passionately about our ministry in Ukraine.  We try to provide education for guys like Andrey so that they are less likely to put themselves into situations like this one.  We try to make connections within our community so that when problems come, we are asked to help - and in this case we were able to do something.  Most importantly, we present the gospel so that when life gets tough - and it does get tough for people in Ukraine - they will have something to fall back on.
  • I have been excited to go back to Ukraine but this further solidifies that desire.  We love being part of the Hope Center team and today made me remember that we are still part of it, even here in Colorado.
  • In this Christmas season where we've seen people die over seasonal sales, it reminds us that life goes on in the rest of the world - completely independently of our doorbuster sales.  Let's take a moment to contemplate what we do with our time and money this holiday season.  I'm not saying not to buy gifts, but perspective is vital.
Ok, that's enough for now.....

What do you guys think?

1 comment:

  1. Jody Landers is right in sync with your thinking, albeit that her focus is on a different area of the world. Not better just different. We need people to have a heart for people anywhere that there is suffering.

    jodyrlanders.com

    Keep us informed of how Andrey is doing and what his status is.

    ReplyDelete

Give me your genius!