1/21/08

Vote for Compassion!

I just heard from Marshall that MySpace is conducting a poll of organizations involved in poverty relief with the top vote-getter receiving a $10,000 gift and Compassion International is one of the 3 finalists.  It is part of their Impact Awards and according to Marsh, MySpace members can vote once a day for the duration of the contest.  I personally find MySpace to be a reprehensible cesspool of moral decay (my departure from it was the impetus for this blog) but I know many people enjoy it.  I have an "inside man" that tells me that a representative of Compassion will be the next guest on Ryan Dobson's Korcast to discuss the organization itself.  I would encourage you to listen to Ryan and Marshall and, if you are a reprobate MySpace member, to vote early, vote often.

6 comments:

  1. If u tell that we should vote i will do it imediately!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bummer...I tried to vote but it is only for members...you have to log in. I guess I could always created an account just to vote. :)

    Big game today for LFC and lots in the news about ownership issues and player contracts...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kop chant: beanpole-beanpole-beanpole!!! Crouch for president. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. p.s. I realize the oddity about calling for an Englishman to be our President...but hey, Crouch for Prime Minister just doesn't have a ring to it (plus, I really have no dog in that fight so it would have been just as pointless to say he should be the next PM as it is to say president, but also less the familiar ring to the saying - hence Crouch for President).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aaron, you're a strange kid.

    I do agree that Crouch for PM lacks a certain ring though.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I prefer the term "special", thank you very much.

    ReplyDelete

Give me your genius!