7/1/08

Check-up

This morning I had an appointment at the hospital with the Doc who stitched me up.  That is to say, I was asked to come to the hospital before 10 this morning and try to locate him for a follow-up examination.  We arrived before 9 and laid out an ambush for him in front of his 3rd floor office.  After an hour he finally arrived and asked us to meet him back downstairs.  A short wait later and I was led to an examination room.

I was to learn later that he told Tanya he intended to stick a pair of pliers into the center of my wound, between the stitches (right at the most tender spot) and spread it apart to see how it bled.  Tanya did not have time to explain this to me before they strategically forced her to wait outside.  Needless to say I was surprised at the procedure and I am sure that the look on my face conveyed that emotion.  After I assured him that the pain was concentrated in that area and no more stabbing/spreading would be needed, he had it re-wrapped and said I could go; something I happily did, right after my lightheadedness abated.

The prognosis was this.  Despite swelling in middle of the slash, he determined that it was more due to blood pooling in that area than a serious degree of infection.  He proscribed (sort of a misnomer since you can buy nearly anything over-the-counter, no questions asked) blood thinners and an ORAL antibiotic.  No more injections in my butt... which is nice because Andrey had decided this should be his job.

He also determined that sitting on my lazy (and now injection-bruised) butt for 95% of the day was not nearly immobile enough to allow healing.  I have been banned from moving around the house or going to meals for at least 2 or 3 days.  As such, this is essentially the only view I will have for the next 72 hours.  Oh joy...
PLEASE EMAIL AND SKYPE ME!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Yes, my dear -- elevation makes your little piggies not feel like they will explode. I bet after a day of staying off your foot, it will feel so much better, and I am glad that you aren't having to be injected in the butkus anymore.

    I will try and send you some random emails throughout the day.

    Love you

    T

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you guys steal Keane from Spurs I'll personally fly over there and whack your other foot with an axe!!!

    Hope you're feeling better brah.

    ReplyDelete

Give me your genius!